Extra Help room 139
Thursdays 7:30 AM & 2:30 PM
Complete the questionnaire before 9pm Wed Night
Accelerated Learning Link
Username= first initial last name last 3 lunch code @student.egsd.net
Password is 5 digit lunch code
MONDAY/ TUESDAY: Study for your Gravity and Tides Quiz
Notebook Check the Day of the Quiz.
Tango Attraction, Gravity Well, Tides Webquest, Tidal Model Labs will be corrected on the day of the Quiz.
FRIDAY: None: Enjoy your Vacation!
Week of February 12th
Post Discussion Questions for Tidal Model Lab
Green Sled Challenge Building
DAY 2: GREEN SLED CHALLENGE RULES
1. Design a sled to race down Cole Hill outside tennis courts
2. 1- 3 members per team. Members must be from the same class.
3. All materials must be collected and brought to the school by Monday February 12th.
Materials: paper, plastic (flat and smooth), scissors, glue, duct tape, markers, and materials to decorate sled.
ALL Materials should be recycled and re-purposed. No Sled, ski, snow materials can be included in your design.
DAY 3: Quiz Tides and Gravity
DAY 4: Green Sled Challenge Building.
Notes from Last WEEK
1. Gravity Reading:
Increase the mass of a celestial object will increase the force of gravity
Increase the distance from the planet or Sun and it will decrease the force of Gravity
2. Do Now # 1 Tango Attraction
Sun's Force of Gravity holds planets in orbit
If the sun's gravitation pull was lost all of the planets would fly off into space
Inertia is the ability to resist change. The more mass the more inertia an object will have. Planets orbit for billions of years because there is no outside forces on the bodies disrupting their motion.
3. Do Now #2 Gravitation Pull
The more mass a planet has the stronger the gravitational pull
4. Tide : Study your note sheet from Friday's Lab.
NOTES FROM LAST WEEK
Tango Attraction Activity- Pre discussion Questions
Post Discussion Questions
DAY 1 & 3: WEBQUEST: Eclipses
1. Log on to email and click on the link to Eclipses
2. Read Entire Page first
3. Record Notes and Highlight, summary and Vocabulary facts in your notes.
4. Watch videos and list 5 facts per film
5. Answer Questions in complete sentences in your notebook.